About Cindy Williams, the creator of The Red Card Blue Card Game
Cindy Williams is a native of Orangeville, Ontario, Canada, and she created The Red Card Blue Card Game by necessity when her son was five.
As single parent with a challenging and defiant child, she experienced the same frustration and guilt like so many parents have with how she was dealing with behaviour issues. Nothing worked. And there seemed to be no tangible help she could use.
Finally Cindy just created her own system, and within a short period of time she had real positive and wonderful results! Soon, she shared her idea with other parents who experienced amazing results too!
It was this feedback and also seeing the long term effects it had on her son (who is now a fabulous grown man! See picture) that inspired her to make this into a boxed game and downloadable App to share with parents around the world! If you are an adult who is looking for an easy-to-play and effective way to deal with challenging child behaviour, or you know someone who could use the extra support of a simple and tangible parenting tool, please Click Here to purchase the game. Also, we would love to hear about your own experiences with The Red Card Blue Card Game!! Please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences with us by Clicking Here.
ABOUT THE RED CARD BLUE CARD GAME AND WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT!
- IT’S EASY TO USE! If someone doesn’t have the time for parenting classes, parenting seminars, reading parenting books, or learning lengthy parenting programs, they can simply use this very easy parenting system which is immediately available to use and that anyone can learn!
- IT WORKS FAST! Once a child understands the game and has experienced a couple of the cards, you’ll see a change very quickly at the way a negative behaviour changes very quickly into a positive behaviour! Results happen FAST!
- IT’S RESPECTFUL! This game was built using the foundation of the Golden Rule, which is treating others the way you want to be treated. NO ONE likes to be yelled at, threatened, called names or hit, so why do many parents still use this method to “teach” children better behaviour? The game offers a much more respectful way to advise a child that their actions are inappropriate and in need of correction. And it offers an incentive to make better choices instead of just giving a child whatever they want to make them behave. CONSEQUENCES ARE LEARNED, REWARDS ARE EARNED!
- THERE IS BALANCE! There is finally a good solution to teach that there are consequences to inappropriate behaviour and rewards for good behaviour without over-doing consequences or over-rewarding to get results.
- IT’S CONSISTENT! Parents can be using the same system whether they live together or apart or have been brought up themselves with different parenting styles and beliefs. This offers consistency with parenting and can also be used by other family members on the child(ren). It also offers the “follow-through” that so often is missing so now idle threats or false promises can be a thing of the past.
- WHO’S THE BOSS? The game gives the control back to the parent for correcting behaviour, but it also gives control back to the defiant child who wants to be able to make their own choices and decisions. And in the child being able to do so, teaches them the lesson even more effectively! They learn and understand faster when they take responsibility for their own actions! And the stress for the parent is minimized or eliminated! It’s a WIN-WIN!!
- IT’S CUSTOMIZABLE! Cards can be removed, or added in, and the game itself can be structured differently to work with an individual child and their unique personality, or to work within an individual family structure or situation.
- IT’S AFFORDABLE AND FUN! The system is under $15.00 CDN to purchase and own. And kids actually LIKE PLAYING IT! And adults love how simple yet effective it is and ALSO LIKE PLAYING IT! And EVERYONE likes when something is FUN and makes them SMILE!!! Discover the fun and the smiles you can actually have playing THE RED CARD BLUE CARD GAME! J J J
- GOOD NEWS! There is proof of long-term effects! If you start your child on this system at the suggested age of between 3 – 8 years old, then the chances of having a more respectful pre-teen or teenager increase a great deal! What they learn during their formative years should last into their later years.
- FAMILY RELATIONSHIP HEALTH IMPROVES! We worry so much about our physical health, our financial health and our own personal emotional health but too often our family relationship health needs are overlooked? THE RED CARD BLUE CARD GAME is designed to improve family relationship health! Many of the cards are designed as relationship building cards between parents or caregivers and children. Also, there is less strain on adults who can be using the same stress-free system, so it improves adult relationships also. When a home is filled with respectful treatment of each other and less stress and fighting, the overall benefit is improved family relationship health!
- THERE IS JUST EVERY REASON TO LOVE THE RED CARD BLUE CARD GAME!!!